"Rotations of Hyperbolic Space" (Scott B Lindstrom) — Winner, Art Category, 2020
CARMA Maths Art/Poster Competition
Artworks from the 2020 competition are now available for viewing.
Entries are now open for 2021!
Submit posters or images of your artwork online: Sign up, upload and submit here
Need inspiration? See our other galleries.
There are three entry categories:
- Maths research poster
- Entry eligibility: any RHD or Honours student in Mathematics or a cognate discipline
- Intended audience: researchers, as would be at an academic conference with a research poster section
- Judges: maths academics from a variety of institutions
- Maths outreach poster
- Entry eligibility: Any student or staff-member (continuing, fixed-term, sessional, conjoint or emeritus) in a university or other research institution
- Intended audience: school students and the general public
- Judges: school students, guided by teachers
- Maths art
- Format: the art itself can be in any format, e.g. sculpture, but submission must be in a format such as jpeg or pdf for display online, thus in the case of sculpture the art would need to be photographed.
- Entry eligibility: anyone
- Intended audience: inclusive of the mathematics research community, art community and broader general public
- Judges: artists, mathematicians and students
- 15 November: entries close
- December: online celebration and announcements during special session for Art and Visualisation at the Australian Mathematics Society meeting.
- There will be many small prizes
- The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into